|Posted on March 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM|
Since the time of Hippocrates, food has been used as a means of healing. An all-natural, holistic based diet has been proven to protect and nurture the body, therefore reversing certain ailments and promoting optimal overall health.
The body is created in such a way that it can heal itself of practically any ailment imaginable if given the proper nutrients. Processed foods contain little to no nutrients, making them useless in the healing process. Holistic nutrition utilizing fresh, whole foods gives the body a potent nutrient boost to stimulate the healing process.
Below are a few of the most well known ailments that can be alleviated through the use of natural foods:
• Increase energy, vitality and mental clarity by consuming dark blue and black foods such as seaweed, chia seeds, black beans and black olives. These foods are high in minerals that stimulate neurotransmitter function, enhancing mental clarity. Walnuts, chia seeds and hazelnuts are all high in omega 3 fatty acids that not only enhance brain function, but also provide the body with a healthy source of natural energy.
• Maintain optimal weight and even lose excess pounds by eating all natural foods high in fiber such as apples. Fiber helps you feel full for longer, and helps to promote healthy bowel function. Raw almonds are also a great choice and not only reduce high cholesterol levels, they also promote a sensation of fullness due to their high levels of protein, helping you to consume fewer calories.
• Increase fertility and even maintain a healthy pregnancy with good quality sources of full-fat dairy such as Greek yogurt. Dairy fat helps to stimulate ovulation, increasing your chances of becoming pregnant. Foods high in protein are also beneficial for individuals looking to become pregnant. Animal protein has been shown to decrease fertility, so switching to plant-based protein sources such as nuts and cooked beans is a wise choice for those looking to conceive.
• Reduce the symptoms and duration of autoimmune diseases such as Colitis, Graves, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hashimoto’s, Celiac and Multiple Sclerosis by eliminating all inflammation-causing foods such as white flour and refined sugars. Adding in high-protein foods such as nuts and lean meats can help reduce inflammation. Foods high in fat-soluble vitamins such as swiss chard, turnip greens, mustard greens, carrots and sweet potatoes can help improve antibody function and reduce dangerous inflammation.
• Manage Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, endometriosis, fibroids and hormone imbalances by eliminating all processed foods and those containing refined carbohydrates. One of the main hormones that contribute to PCOS is insulin. Many individuals who suffer from PCOS are also diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Consuming foods high in fiber, such as fresh vegetables, helps to regulate insulin levels. Green leafy vegetables healthy fats (such as avocadoes) are also beneficial.
Even if you do not suffer from any of the above ailments, you can still benefit from holistic nutrition. Eliminating all processed foods and incorporating more natural foods into your diet will not only reduce the symptoms of almost any ailment, it will also help to promote overall optimal health.
Categories: Holistic Nutrition